Home of the Eagles
The American School of Recife is a private, not-for-profit, co-educational day school founded in 1957.
The school offers a Nursery through Grade 12 instructional program for students currently representing 13 nationalities. The two semesters comprising the school year extend from August to December and from January to June.
The two semesters comprising the school year extend from August to December and from January to June.
The school is accredited by Cognia (Formerly AdvancED-SACS) in the United States, by the Ministry of Education of Brazil (MEC), the Pernambuco Secretary of Education, and Recife Secretary of Education.
The school is a member of the American International in the Americas AMISA (Formerly AASSA), the Association of American Schools in Brazil (AASB), and the Association for the Advancement of International Education (AAIE).
Class hours are 7:50 a.m. to 3:15 p.m., and extracurricular activities start at 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The school has no religious or political affiliation.
The School occupies 8.5 acres in a preferred residential area of Recife. The Pre-School, Elementary, and Secondary School divisions are in separate buildings. Facilities include:
- 48 classrooms
- A fully equipped modern library and future media center
- New purpose-built Secondary School classrooms
- Three multi-sport covered courts
- Soccer field
- Tennis court
- Two sand volleyball courts
- Chemistry laboratory
- Biology laboratory
- Technology laboratory
- Art Classroom
- Music Room
- Specially designed Early Childhood Education area
- Five playground areas
- Internet-connected computers in every classroom
- Wireless connections throughout the school
- Two Cafeterias, one for the Early Childhood Center and another one for Elementary through High School students.
- Two parking/drop-off areas
- New school building projects are underway.