Teaching at the American School of Recife is exciting, challenging, and professionally rewarding.
Creating an environment that challenges and stretches student learning is our major goal. We accomplish this through a number of key practices.
- EAR has a clear mission, vision, and guiding statements.
- EAR has a strong commitment to continuous learning improvement using innovative teaching practices.
- EAR works toward specific annual school-wide improvement goals.
- EAR is entering Phase II and III state-of-the-art architectural campus construction.
- EAR enjoys rising student numbers and family waiting lists in most grade levels.
- EAR is accredited by Cognia and is affiliated with AMISA, WIDA, and College Board.
- EAR has a diverse, welcoming international faculty.
- EAR is committed to Professional Development.
- As a participant in our community of learners, every staff member at EAR has the opportunity to partake in professional development at mid-year conferences, summer conferences courses, and online workshop training.
- New teachers are provided with access to curriculum documents on Atlas Rubicon, which include student outcomes, key teaching methodologies, unit plans, and resources. Student learning is driven by performance assessment.
- EAR has wonderful, friendly interactive students!
- EAR is located in a healthy, easy-living city beside the beach.